How to setup email in Outlook 2007
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Click the Tools menu, and select
If you have an account listed here click on remove before proceeding
- Click on the Email tab and click on the New... button.
- Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup window check the Manually configure server settings or additional
server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail option and
- Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear John Doe.
- Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3.
- Enter mail.nctc.net in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter mail.nctc.net in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
- the username should autofill johndoe in the Account name: field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
- Click the Test Account Settings
button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the Close Button to close the test window.
Click OK to save your settings.
Do NOT check the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
- Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click
Finish to close the setup wizard.
- Your email should be ready for use.