Downtown Insert: Faith
Gas Station - home to our "Welcome to Hazard" sign.
Hazard Cafe - the last to operate it was Harold & Nellie Grobe, then
George & Jeanette
Original bldg. was Farmer's State Bank, organized in
1919. Then used as a living quarters for George Fors, who ran the
grocery store in the adjacent bldg. Later, Charlie and Kate Hawley used
this building to buy and sell cream & eggs. It was later converted
to a cafe by Maynard and Coreen Kucera
Former tavern area
that adjoined the cafe. Original bldg. was a grocery store in front and a
cold locker in back (before home freezers were commonplace). After Mr. Fors, Elliot and Bernice Brisbane ran the grocery store and locker until
the early 1970s.
Hazard Town Hall
Hazard Volunteer Fire Dept.
Seed Storage and Supply
most historic building - home to the Trumble Hardware Store,
the post office seated in the north
front section, a grocery store, and last used as a bar and grill until
around 1950. Hazard
Wolf Den Café
Former Grocery Store
- owned and operated by Jim and Babe Erazim. Store closed around 1970.